Version release Android
Rallycheck is being actively updated. This page shows the current and previous releases for Android phones.
Rallycheck is available for iOS and Android.
The most recent version is available at the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store
Android Version 0.2.45 Release – 10 march 2020
- New icons (same as used in iOS)
- Car icoon
- Clear card
- Header the same as in iOS
- Updated header with participants information after clicking on header (when available)
- Updated header with Starting no. and Class
- Bug-Fix waypoint sorting algorithm
- Added Class name on “Select Rally” page (when available)
- Added Starting no. on “Select Rally” page (when available)
- Send app version with each call to server
- Enlarged text “You have selected.. etc”
- Disabled splitscreen posibility
- Settings -> information is refreshed each time the page is viewed (restart app no longer neccesary)
Android Version 0.2.44 Release – 25 february 2020
- Bug fix added cancel button for all Finish controls
- Improved registration of Longitude and Latitude coordinates in database
Android Version 0.2.43 Release – 12 february 2020
- Added check voor correct driving direction when encountering a passage or time control
Android Version 0.2.42 Release – 21 january 2020
- Improved display of running TC time
- TC-FINISH is only visible in the TC zone
Android Version 0.2.41 Release – 14 january 2020
- Added TC-IN
- Added TC-FINISH
- Send route logs to the servers using batch process
Android Version 0.2.40 Release – 19 december 2019
- Time control (TC) function added
- Dynamic ons screen information added with the following data: Hit time, TC time, speed and instruction
- Passage controle on screen scaling improved
- Some technical improvements
Android Version 0.2.39 Release – 3 december 2019
- Improved communications module for logs and controls
- Increased internet timeout to 30 seconds
Android Version 0.2.38 Release – 22 november 2019
- Added cancel button to route control
- Improved interface presentation
Android Version 0.2.37 Release – 18 november 2019
- Persist service removed due to Android version 10
- Exit app menu option removed
- Enhanced information exchange with server, smartphone information upload
- Updated some software pakages and plug-ins
- GPS enhancements
- GPS status shows OFF when GPS access is disabled
- Error message when the app starts up with GPS OFF
- If the GPS signal is lost for more than 5 minutes, the user will be prompted for restart of the app. This is necessary for some Huawei phones.
- Text “inactive” removed
Android Version 0.2.36 Release – 11 september 2019
- Bugfix for non-responsive but seemingly active internet connection
- Rally always set to active when passing a RC
Android Version 0.2.35 Release – 9 september 2019
- Added settings page
- RC’s are sent to the server only once
- The Start RC is sent to the server immediately
- Countdown timer added to show how much time is left to save an RC
- No GPS icon replaced bij text and is red when no GPS
- Rallies are displayed alphabetically in the list
- Bug Fixes
Android Version 0.2.34 Release – 31 juli 2019
- New design
- Improved support of active rally
- Bug Fixes
Version 0.2.30 Release – 1 july 2019
- Updated user experience, route control appearance changed
- Colours indicate different type of route controls
- Menu moved to top left
- Menu experience updated to best practice for Android phones
- Improved log-in screen
- Forgot password option added
- Improved robustness to save information when the app is closed or phone is shut down during a rally
- GPS icon at the bottom of the screen updated
- Compass icon updated to include the driving direction in text
Version 0.2.26 Release – 26 april 2019
- Standard maximum volume when a RC is detected
- The sound is three times longer than normal and the Rallycheck app has it’s own sound
- Added a check for newer version, if there is a newer version available, the app must be updated.
Version 0.2.24 Release – 28 march 2019
- Logged positions are sent to the server every 3 minutes
- A backup of RC’s is sent to the server every 3 minutes
- Fix of database upgrade error when upgrading from release 0.2.22 to 0.2.23.
Version 0.2.23 Release – 27 march 2019
- Logging of position implemented
- All logged positions are sent to the server
- Updated some pages for better user experience and consistency
- Control card is sent per email, including a link to a map view of the route that was driven.
Version 0.2.22 Release – 25 march 2019
- Instruction function added.
Version 0.2.21 Release – 22 march 2019
- Showspeed function added
- Showtime function added
- TimeToSave function added
- Email with control card sent to user after passing Finish control.
Version 0.2.18 Release – 20 march 2019
- RC’s are saved in a database on the smartphone
- Communication with theRallycheck server is validated at the user lever
- Finish control added
- The database on the smartphone is encrypted
- The app can automatically load a route file without the need for selection of the route by the user
- Bug fix create account function
- All recorded RC’s are sent to the Rallycheck server after Finish has been confirmed.
Version 0.2.17 Release – 25 February 2019
- Added some validations for phone number input
- Added some validations for email input
- Added some validations for password input
- Minor lay-out changes.
Version 0.2 Release – 22 February 2019
- Added mandatory user login and verification of account
- Username shown in top right of screen
- Removed “distance to point” menu option
- Added version number to login screen
- Added crash logging software for better support.
Test Release – 13 February 2019
- Updated user interface for saving RC’s. No discard button, only save button
- RC’s must saved within 60 seconds or they are automatically discarded
- RC’s with “automatic save” option are saved within 10 seconds.
Test Release – 8 February 2019
- Preliminary changes for multi-language support implemented, now all text in the app is in English
- Fixed multiple display of RC’s when app has been loaded multiple times
- Fixed initial loading of RC’s after update of app version
- Added a database management system to the app.
Test Release – 18 January 2019
- added route controls which will be saved automatically. The driver/navigator can not chose, the RC will be saved. In the future this can be used foor speed check of time control
- added timer bar and function for auto save route controls, control is in view for 10 seconds
- added automatic scrolling function. Most recent route controls are shown on screen
- fixed issue with loading new version of app when route controls are in view
- maximum time in which a route control is shown has been limited to the moment that the next route control is passed.
Test Release – 11 January 2019
- added proximity per waypoint/route control, you can now define the radius around the route control. The route control will only be “seen” by the app within this radius. The radius may differ per route control. Default 45 meters
- updated compass icon for better visibility of the direction the car is driving in
- the “oranje” route control sign stays in view until a choice is made to either save or discard the RC
- updated many system internals.
Test Release – 28 December 2018
- added GPS compass in the footer
- added GPS error margin in meters. This is show in the footer area if a signal is available
- security updates – fase 1:
- all communication is encrypted (SSL)
- access to server info only possible with extra (second) encryption key
- GPX files no longer in use to prevent possible unintended download of waypoints
- using proprietary file format and communication for GPS waypoints.
Test Release – 24 December 2018
– resolved error (crash) for older versions of Android OS
– time function works without GPS
– improved GPS active/inactive signal with timer
– fixed bug so RC’s can be revisited multiple times.
Test Release – 13 December 2018
– added functionality to support multiple simultaneous rally’s.
Test Release – 7 December 2018
– header changed to show username and loaded GPX file
– footer changed to show speed, GPS availability and GPS time
– layout RC section changed to show more RC’s.